After you’ve taken all the appropriate steps to get your images uploaded and edited to your expectation, you can begin focusing on other pieces of information in your Art Print Store. At this stage of the setup of your Warehouse, you should focus on the basic information input within the Art Print Store. This information can include things like setting default mediums as well as teaser pricing as so much more. Art Storefronts will allow you to edit this information at any point in time.
If you would like to learn how to edit the basic information in your Art Print Store, please follow the instructions below.
1.Log in to your Art Storefronts Site Manager and click on the Art Print Store where you want to edit some basic information. We will be working in the Art Print Store titled Warehouse-Open Edition Prints.
2.After you’ve clicked on the Art Print Store, you’ll see multiple tabs and you need to be sure to click on the tab labeled INFO. This is where all the basic information for your Art Print Store is located.
3. When you’re on the Info tab, you will see quite a bit of information. The first thing we want to focus on is the item labeled Appears in Navigation Menu?. This is a slider that can be set to Yes or No. If it is set to No it simply means that the page does not show up in the navigation menu of your live website. If this is set to Yes, it means that the Art Print Store will appear in the navigation menu on your live website.
We highly recommend setting this option to NO for this page. This is a warehouse to store your artwork. You don't want the customer to see any products that may be incomplete or not for sale currently. If this page is set to YES, the customer will have the ability to see all the products within the store.
4. The next item is labeled Password Protect. Just like any other page on the platform, you can add a password to stop people from accessing it. This is great for people who are working on their website and are not yet ready for people to see their Art. It can also be used to create exclusive areas within the website for their VIP customers.
5. Next is the section labeled Billboard. Billboards are slideshows that can be used on any page on your Art Storefronts website. If you need more information about creating Billboards, please see our articles How To: Create a Slippery Billboard and How To: Create a Legacy Billboard.
6.After that, we have the section labeled Name. Here you can change the name of the Art Print Store. Remember that if this page is set to on, your customers will see this, so make sure it matches the rest of your website and is clear and concise.
7. Headline Text is next. This text will appear on your page, as the main headline of your body content. For SEO purposes, the code used for this is an h1.
8. The next option is labeled as Sizes To Activate By Default, and if this is blank, all of the sizes that are automatically generated (based upon your image's aspect ratio), will be activated by default whenever you upload a new image.
However, if you enter "Sizes to Activate by Default" when editing this store, you can override this functionality. This way, whenever you upload a new image, it will ONLY activate the sizes you desire -- so long as these sizes are possible based on the image's aspect ratio.
9. With the next option it is possible to apply a filter by keywords, but please note that this option is only available with 3.0. Theme version.
10. Then the next box is labeled Layout. This is where you can choose how you want your images displayed. There are three options. This setting can be skipped as Art Print Store is not a customer facing page.
11. Number of Columns controls the number of columns the products will appear in. You have the option for 2, 3, or 4 columns. Usually, since this page is not customer facing, you will not need this setting. You are more than welcome to skip the setting until you are using this page on your live site.
12. Storewide Default Medium is the next option. Here, you can choose what medium you would like your images to default to. This setting will affect Teaser Prices on your site and it will determine the default media displayed in the Product Page
14. The Display Quantity field is next. This shows your customer how many of an item they are adding to a cart. It defaults to one, but a customer can manually change it so they add more than one of the same image (using the same medium and style finish) to their cart.
15. Display Tour is the following section. This option provides pop-up windows for your customer to walk them through the buying process. It is good for newer websites so they can acclimate their customers to the purchasing experience.
16. Display Product Titles allows you to choose whether you would like to display the names of the art pieces on your website. You aren’t required to display title names.
17. Display Artist Names allows you to choose whether you would like to display the name of the artist who completed the piece of art that is displayed and for sell on your website.
18. Display Teaser Pricing is up next. A teaser price will consider your default medium and style finish and based off those two things the ASF platform will calculate the lowest possible price for the art pieces that are available on your website. We strongly suggest having Teaser Pricing turned on. If you would like more information about Teaser Pricing, please see our article, How To: Display Teaser Prices in an Art Print Store
18. Next, we have Display Previous & Next Button Bar. This can be set to True or False. If set to True It means the customer will see a next and previous button for navigating through your images on your site. If set to False, this button will not appear.
19. Display Recently Visited Products Bar allows your customers to see the products they have recently viewed on your website, so they can easily jump back to the product without having to locate the gallery and product again within the website.
20. Display Related Products Bar. This feature allows your customers to see products related to the product they are currently viewing. The products that appear in this bar are based off keywords within the product Title and Search Keywords.
21. Display Which Product Type By Default allows you to select which type of product (Art Print, Original, Limited Edition, Polytypch) the customer sees whenever they view the product page. This feature only works for Art Print products connected to Standard Store products. Click here to learn how to Connect Products.
22. Recalculate Teaser Prices is the following section. If you have recently updated your default medium, or your style finishes - and your Teaser Prices are calculating incorrectly, you can have the system automatically recalculate your teaser prices by pressing the Recalculate button. This will force the system to update the Teaser Prices displayed on your store page.
23. After that, there’s a section labeled Display Watermark. Here, you can choose whether the images displayed on your website will have a watermark added to them. This does not mean that you must upload an image that already has a watermark. ASF has a feature that allows you to upload images without the watermark and simply add one in later. If you want more information on this, please see How To: Create and Use a Watermark in an Art Print Store.
24. Customize Watermark Picture is the next section and this allows you to upload and use your Watermark on ASF instead of having to manually add it to each image beforehand. If you want more information on this, please see How To: Create and Use a Watermark in an Art Print Store.
25. Display Canvas Texture allows you to choose whether you would like your image previews to display a canvas texture when a customer selects a canvas media type on a given product’s buying page.
26. Display Message Box allows your customers to provide you with a message with their order. You don’t have to offer this option and you can turn it off.
27. Display Zoom Tool allows you to choose whether you would like your customers to be able to hover over an image and allow the customer to zoom in on that specific part of the image that they are hovering over.
28. Expanded Preview Pixel Size means on the buying page of any product within a specific store, you can click on the image and see an expanded preview. This setting will determine the maximum size of that image.
29. Display Wall Preview Tool can be set to on or Off and this allows you to choose whether or not you want to use the wall preview tool.
30. The next item is labeled Lead Content- Store Page. In this section, you can provide more information about your store and the art contained therein. This will appear at the top of the page and will be one of the first things that your customer sees on our Store Page.
31. After that is Ending Content- Store Page. The content you insert here will go at the bottom of the page, just before the footer of the page.
32. Lead Content-Product Page is where you can enter in text or information that will appear at the top of the page before every image in your store.
33. Ending Content- Product Page is where you can enter in text or information that will appear at the bottom of the page after every image in your store.
34. Copy All Short Descriptions To Catalog Short Descriptions will transfer over the product short descriptions into your catalog of products. The catalog only displays the product image, product title, and short description. For more information on the product catalog, please see Create a Printable Catalog.
35. Media Types For Selling Sheets PDF. This feature allows you to select which media types you would like to list on your Selling Sheet. For more information about the Printable Selling Sheet, please see Create a Selling Sheet.
36. Then, we have Shipping Info. If you are a Self-Fulfilling Artist, you can explain your shipping process here. This information will display on every product page, within the shopping cart tab.
37. After that, we have Other Info. You can explain other information about each print, or your process, production, etc. here. This information will display on every product page, within the shopping cart tab.
38. Export/Import Products allows you to download all of your products into a CSV file, edit the details (titles, short descriptions, item codes, etc). Then, import the products back into your Art Print Store to bulk update all the products. This is a quick and easy way to make multiple edits to all of your products. For further information, please review Export and Import Products to Mass Update Images.
39. QR Code Download. We have provided a QR code for every single page and image that you have created on your website, including your Art Print Store. You can use these QR codes on your business cards, on nameplates for your art, or anywhere you can think of. For further information, please see our support article Use QR Codes
40. Finally, once you have completed these fields and you believe your store is set up in the best way possible, click the Save button.