The most recommended type of Billboard is the Slippery Billboard. These are the Billboards that ASF recommends you use on your website because they are more dynamic and responsive than the Legacy ones. They also include new fade effects and features and correspond well with most of the Themes offered on your website.
In this article, we would like to guide you through the process of creating a Slippery Billboard
To add a Slippery Billboard to your site we welcome you to go through the following steps:
1. As soon as you have logged in to your Site Manager, you should go to PAGES and select the Page to which you would like to add a Slippery Billboard.
2. Once you have selected your page you will need to select the tab labeled "Info".
3. Located to the right of your screen you should see the option "Billboard". To the right of that, you should see a blue "+add" option. To begin creating your Billboard, click on the blue "+add" button.
4. Add the name of the billboard and in the drop-down menu under Billboard type, select the option Slippery (recommended). Click the "Save" option located in the lower right-hand corner before proceeding, to save your work at this time.
Now that you have created your new Slippery Billboard, photos should be added to display on your site and the settings should be edited
5. To add photos to your Slippery Billboard, you should go to the PHOTOS option and click on the "+Add Photos". After you have selected "+ Add Photos" you should begin selecting the desired images from your saved files on your device. Once you have selected your desired images, select "Open".
The images will then be uploaded and you can Drag and Drop them in any order you like them to display on your Slippery Billboard.
6. Next, click on the tab named "Info".
Once you have selected the "Info" tab you will see a section labeled "Name". This can be used to change the name of the Billboard at any time.
The option for a Duration of a Single Slide represents how long a slide is displayed in milliseconds.
The slideshow Transition Effects option allows the slides to transition and can be selected by clicking on the drop-down menu.
The Duration of Effect represents the length of time it takes the selected effect to complete. Make sure this is the same length or shorter than the Duration of a Single Slide so that the effect can complete before moving on to the next image. If the effect does not complete, it can make your Billboard look jerky or buggy. This is also measured in milliseconds.
Display Pager refers to a small image count underneath the Billboard to show how many images are in the slideshow. You can choose to display or not to display these icons.
Display Previous and Next Buttons enable small arrows to the left and right of the image that allows the customer to move between slides without having to wait for the effect or the slide.
Display Callout refers to the Title and Description of the Image. If you would like to display this on your Billboard, you will select Yes and it will populate the text at the bottom of the image.
The Main Text option and the Button Text option refer to the text that appears on the Billboard and can be modified at any time.
The Button Functionality option is recommended to be set to Scroll Down to Page Content and the Button Target Page option to be set to None.
When you are satisfied with your changes, click Save located in the bottom right-hand corner of your site manager.
Below we’ve included some images of what a Slippery Billboard looks like on the front end of the website.