If your custom domain name is hosted by GoDaddy you can use this video walkthrough to point it to the Art Storefronts platform and to your site.
If your custom domain name is hosted by GoDaddy you can use these step-by-step instructions to point it to the Art Storefronts platform and to your site.
- Go to www.godaddy.com and click on Sign In.
- You will now need to enter your Username, Email Address or Customer Number and your Password, then click on Sign In.
- Once you have logged on, you should be viewing the My Products page, which will list the domain names you own. Find the one which you are connecting to your Art Storefronts site, and click on the Domain name.
- In the left panel, click on Domain.
- Scroll down the Domain Settings page to the Additional Settings section and click on Manage DNS.
Scroll down to the DNS Records section of this page, and find the CNAME entry named www. Click on the Edit button to the right to edit this record.
Warning: Only enter www.artstorefronts.com into this field. DO NOT put your Art Storefronts subdomain or any other domain name into this field.
- Delete the address added on the Value field to www.artstorefronts.com and then click on Save.
- Scroll further down the page until you reach the section labeled Forwarding, and click on the Add button beside Domain.
Warning: This should always be set to http:// and not https:// If it is set to https:// customers may encounter SSL or other connection errors when trying to visit your site.
Please select http:// and add your domain name including www
- Next make sure that the Forward Type is set as Permanent (301) and click Save..
Now it’s time to switch back to the Site Manager in order to perform the other half of this process. Once your site has loaded, click on Site Address.
- Click on + Add New.
- Enter your domain name into this field. If it’s not a subdomain, you should have a www at the start of it, then click on Create.
- You should now have your domain name listed below.
Please note: Although your domain name may be up and running very quickly, in some cases it may take up to 24-48 hours for these settings to take effect properly. While these changes are propagating you may experience errors while trying to access your domain name, but these should disappear once this process has been completed.If you don't already own one, please consider getting a Custom Email Address. A custom email address is essentially a unique email address associated with your brand or website's domain. It serves as a means of crafting personalized email identities for your organization, rather than relying on generic addresses offered by email service providers. For example, a custom email address can be used to create email addresses in the format email@example.com. Please read more about it here: Using your Custom Email Address from Your Custom Domain
I’m getting a "your connection is not secure" message. This boils down to the way GoDaddy forwards your site addresses. https:// addresses are forwarded in a very specific way, so if you put https://www.yoursite.com into the address bar, it will load correctly - and if you put yoursite.com in, it will also load correctly. However, putting in https://yoursite.com will cause this error to show up, as GoDaddy doesn’t forward https:// addresses in this manner.